Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Moe & Johnny's

5380 N. College Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(317) 255-6376
Moe & Johnny's

Following the IU vs Butler Men's soccer game RFS, PJB, and I decided to grab a bite to eat. Having eaten at Yats a few days prior, Moe & Johnny's became our destination. It had been a while since we been there, and I have never eaten there. I have only had a few adult beverages there. Although it is a great sports bar, and THE place to be before, during, and after Butler Basketball games, there is a reason we call it Smokey Moe's. I think I have mentioned before that this city needs to go smoke free in bars. Who's with me? Other than that, Moe & Johnny's has an abundance of TV's and tons of space to move around (with the exception the Bulldog's Final Four runs the past two years). The patio is also a great place to hang out during the nice summer nights.

For dinner I decided to go with a cup of meat chili and a buffalo chicken salad. First, the chili. It comes with an option for cheese and onions. I would compare this chili to Steak n Shake's chili. It has beans, onion, and beef. I couldn't really pin point any other ingredients. As for flavor, it was on the mild side. There wasn't a lot of heat, which is smart. When I cook my chili, I am guilty of adding a little too much heat, so it is more of a medium to hot flavor. The texture wasn't too soupy, and there was a lot of meat. During the fall and winter, I have a hard time turning a good cup of chili. I would def order this again, maybe ask for some hot sauce. The salad was amazing. It was the perfect size. I often don't get full on an entree salad, but this was not the case. The chicken fingers were nicely sauced with buffalo sauce, they had the kick I was wanting in my chili. The tenders seem like they were breaded in just flour, as it was just a light coating. They were pretty crispy The base of the salad was romaine and field greens.. There was also croutons, cheese, carrots, tomatoes, and red onions. It came with a soft and sweet dinner roll. I went with the Bleu Cheese dressing, as I am still going on my Bleu Cheese phase. Although there were two cups of dressing, one was enough for me. I'm not sure if I would get the salad again, as I can't predict a situation where I would be going to Moe & Johnny's just for food. But at least I know, if I were to order the salad, it would be enough food to hold me over. I have known only one person to order a salad at a bar, RWG. It was at Harry's on a Friday afternoon. BOILER UP, you Cobb salad eating fool!. FYI, Moe & Johnny's has an all you can eat brunch on Sundays from 9am to 1pm. I've heard decent things about this, and plan on trying it out eventually.

In case you were wondering about the soccer game, your Indiana Hoosiers prevailed 1-0. We scored with under 10 minutes left in the game. Although the score does not reflect this, IU possessed the ball for the majority of the game. Butler's keeper made a couple of amazing saves, but their scoring opportunities were few and far between. IU Futbol...so much more successful than IU Football.

"Nothing would be more tiresome that EAting and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as much as a necessity." -Voltaire

Moe & Johnny's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment