Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Sloppy Pelican - St. Petersburg, FL

677 75th Ave
Saint Petersburg Beach FL, 33706

The Sloppy Pelican

Adult Spring Break: Where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called St. Petersburg. 


It has been a long time since Adult Spring Break, so I will do my best to recap the places we ate. Our first night there, we ate at the Sloppy Pelican.  It was a pretty busy night as they had all you can eat snow crab night, so we had to wait a bit for a free table. So to pass the time, we consumed a fair amount of $14 beer towers. Needless to say, we were feeling pretty good by the time we were seated to actually eat. Now there were about 12-14 of us dining, but my table consisting of KM, PJB, and KSLY, had the most fun. Probably because we were in our own little world and nobody was really paying attention to the hilarity that was going on:
ME: "KSLY, what are you having?"
KSLY: "Whatever you are having."
ME: "Fish tacos"
KSLY: "Gross."


PJB ordered probably the biggest plate of nachos I have seen in a while. I mean they could have been shared with the table. He was overjoyed in his choice. They had chili, cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato, jalepenos, and sour cream. I helped him eat them and they were delicious. Now at this point in our evening, anything would taste good, but I do remember everybody enjoying the meal. At one point during the meal, I looked over to see PJB just housing the nachos, and about every 5 minutes he would offer the table to try some. I love seafood, so with almost every meal during spring break I ordered some type treat from the ocean. This night I chose fish tacos, and I decided to go with the Mahi. They were amazing. They were served with cole slaw, just how I like it, rice and a crock of seasoned black beans. It was the perfect amount of food. The mahi was cooked perfectly, it has a nice char from the grill. They had a decent kick to them as well. All the dressings they had there are made in house. I had one of KM's wings (fried extra crispy, great call), and dipped it in their house ranch...delicious! 


The night died down, and the girls we were with went home to get a nice night of sleep before a long day of laying out. PJB, WJB, and I stayed out and had another beer tower or two. We ran into a group of girls who were also on SB from IUPUI. Here's the problem with them: A. They were super young and 2. They refused to drink beer. In my opinion, its kind of a turn off when you meet a girl that refuses to drink beer. Unless they have some allergy, at the end of the day, its just kind of lame. "Beer makes me fat." Oh and that frozen fruity calorie bomb you are consuming, will help you look like Kate Upton? Try again sweetheart. Bigger problem... dudes that refuse to drink beer. I had a roommate in college that hated it. Yeah we were drinking Keystone Light or Busch Light on the reg, so not the best brew around, but it did the trick on the cheap. Have yourself another Chocolate-tini DJBG.  Stay thirsty my friend. The problem we incurred at the end of the night, was we didn't know the name of the bar we were in. The Drunken Alligator? The Sassy Manatee? All we knew was that it was an adjective and an animal. Free Beach Rides really enjoyed the phone call they received when 3 dudes needed to be picked up at the Slutty Dolphin. It was a great night had by all to say the least. 


"Fishes live in the sea, as men do a-land; the great ones EAt up the little ones." William Shakespeare  

No comments:

Post a Comment